Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rogue Pick Locks

As a rogue, you're expected to be able to open the locked chests in instances. It is nice to be able to open virtually anything that is presented to you. Scattered throughout the game world are assorted locked chests, which can increase your skill. At some levels, these are relatively easy to get to; but at other levels, on your own they are a pain in the ass. Occasionally I have found some where I can solo access only one of two chests, each on a 10 minute respawn, which would mean spending literally hours in a location for 20 or 30 skill ups.

At the same time, a lot of my toons find chests which they then need opening. I mail these to the rogue who then unlocks them. If the chest is still a green skill up for lockpicking (or yellow/orange), I mail the chest back without opening it. For whatever reason, when it arrives it has managed to relock itself through the mail system. Clicking return, immediately sends them back to my rogue... Once they are no longer a skill up, have the rogue unlock and open them, and decide where to send the item to.

Basically I log the rogue on, open the eight chests that are still skill ups (that I have acquired both as a rogue and as other toons), the mail them to my priest. The mail system seems to take about 45 minutes to deliver. Next time I get a break from whatever I'm doing, log the priest on and return them, then log the rogue on, unlock the chests, then mail them to the priest. Log on whatever toon I was using and resume my journey.

No comments: